Malicious software that encrypts (locks) files on a workstation, requiring a financial transaction for decryption. Ransomware is independently distributed on the Internet and local networks through software vulnerabilities, especially in Microsoft Windows.
One of the most popular ransomware is WannaCry, which peaked in 2017. Infection occurred through a «hole» in the SMB Windows network protocol. WannaCry scanned the computers of Internet users for this vulnerability. No user action was required to get infected. WannaCry encrypted all files on the hard drive except those needed for its operation. Then a window appeared on the user's screen with a request to transfer bitcoins to the specified account, otherwise, the encrypted files would be destroyed after a week.
confirmed worldwide damage from WannaCry ransomware
The effectiveness of the Keeper ZT software against this type of attack has been proven in practice.
Using our software tool, you can solve the following tasks:
- Total control over the launch of all applications, services, scripts in the operating system
- Impossibility of executing self-written code without the system administrator’s sanctions
- Block applications and services at workplaces of officials, the operation of which is beyond their type of activity in the workplace
- Continuous control of the integrity of all software on the end host
- Ability to block and control network services in order to prevent them from being seized by intruders
- Control of the integrity of files on the protected point
- Inability to launch applications and services without the system administrator or information security officer awareness